Our estate planning services have been developed to help preserve what you have worked so hard to build over the years and to help you plan for the eventual distribution of your assets to your heirs.
Proper estate planning may help you:
- Obtain financial security for your family.
- Pass your estate on to your heirs according to your wishes.
- Reduce or eliminate taxes, administrative expenses and delays in connection with the transfer of your estate.
- Provide liquidity to cover taxes, debts and expenses your estate may owe.
- Provide the peace of mind that comes with knowing steps have been taken to protect the people who depend on you, as well as everything you've worked a lifetime to build.
The primary reason of Estate Planning is to accomplish the distribution of assets, to whom you wish minimizing taxation. Having a successful estate plan assures your wishes for your heirs. The initial planning process includes taking an inventory of your assess, discussing with trusted advisors, such as attorneys and accountants, your goals for the future.
Below is a brief list of items that should be considered to when taking inventory of your assess:
The planning process is one that takes time and is ever changing. However, most people assume that estate planning is for the wealthy. Your loved ones are at risk of losing all that you have built in your lifetime, without proper planning, you are in danger of the following:
- Real Estate (home or other real estate ventures)
- Savings (bank accounts, CD's or money markets
- Investments (stocks, bonds, mutual funds)
- 401(k), IRA, pension and other retirements accounts
- Life insurance policies/annuities
- Ownership in a business(es)
- Motor vehicles (cars, boats, planes)
- Other personal property of worth
- The transferring of your assets will be decided by the laws that govern your state.
- Court appointed administrators make the decision; where, who and how much of your assess are distributed. As well as receiving expenses for their work and a deduction to the total amount that could be given to your loved ones.
- When children are involved, it could result in a court appointed guardian.
- A family owned business could be sold without the families consent.
- Unnecessary estate taxes can be relinquished and administrative services can be incurred and deducted from your assess
Coast West Insurance Agency, Inc. 28310 Roadside Dr. Ste 115 Agoura Hills, CA 91301 (800) 566-3331
© Coast West Insurance Agency, Inc., 2008